Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Say A Little Prayer For You

I've been on a movie marathon. Mostly romantic comedies from the 80's and 90's. Partly cos of a little tiff I had

I believe one of my favourite romantic comedies are ones with Julia Roberts!

If you ask me to choose a favourite, it would be My Best Friend's Wedding.

Probably the reason why I love that film is that Julianne didn't get her dream guy in the end.

No, I'm not a sadist or something along that line. Its just that I could relate to her situations. Doing ugly things to get what you want and then it spins so out of control that they only thing you can do is try to make things right.

Anyway here are some favourite scenes and quotes I love from the movie! Enjoy!


(Do you have a song?)

(Banana Phone!)

I think the ending was perfect. Despite not getting Mike, Julianne doesn't wallow in pity and moves on with her life.

"Hmm, death by mini-bar. How glamourous" -George Downes

"Its amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy" - George Downes

The best quotes seems to be from George, the gay friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails