Thursday, June 2, 2011

Timberland Earthkeepers

Photobucket
(Image from Timberland)
The  things that I'm really passionate about are my blog, movies, music, exploring, social work and the environment.

Have you heard of the Timberland Earthkeepers?

An Earthkeeper is,

 "someone who is concerned about environmental issues and willing to take action to protect our Earth"

I cringe at times to see how we live in such a consumerist age. Where materialism rules my generation.

I am guilty of these crimes too but I try my best to not fall into these traps. It doesn't help that I live in a country that encourages consumerism. To live a lifestyle that is earth friendly, isn't practical here.

But sometimes its the little things that makes a difference.

Things like,

  • Recyling
  • Buying from thrift stores for a new outfit
  • Supporting local and small businesses that are earth friendly
  • Turning your house into an energy efficient home.

Deforestation

It's such an ugly word. One that turned the lush and green Horqin pasture in Mongolia into a desert.
One way to not encourage such a brutal action is to buy products made from farmed trees. 

Find out where your item has been made, how its made and the social and environmental impact it makes.
 Be an informed consumer.

Timberland is an organization that takes the environment seriously. They are conscious of the environmental impacts their products have. Being environmentally friendly is part of their core values as an organization.

As I said, I try my best to live an earth friendly lifestyle but for me, I feel that I could do more. So when Nuffnang organized this contest to be a Timberland Earthkeeper, I knew I can't let this opportunity pass.

Together with Greenet, Timberland has sent their Earthkeepers to the Horqin for greening activities since April 2010, in hope that the Horqin Desert will once again be a lush and green pasture.

A million trees has been planted and Timberland Earthkeepers plan to plant two million more.

If you are like me and want to be part of something bigger,

Be a Timberland Earthkeeper and support desert greening in Horqin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails