Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rendezvous With Me

Before I introduce you to this awesome band, I'd like to say some things to clarify stuff. :D

I was approached on my blog to post up an article about Rendezvous and AJ said that I could take credit for it but I'm an ethical person, I live by my disclosure policy and who believes in Karma so I write this based on the original with my honest and true opinion. :D

First thing first, RENDEZVOUS IS THE SEX!!

They are a two person Indie Band whose music falls under Jazz Electropop. Electronica and Jazz is a mix never done before to my knowledge and they're the first to mesh these two awesome music genres.

I think what really makes them stand out is that they created contemporary digital music with analogue equipments, vintage analogue equipments and instruments, and make it sound so so easy!




The vintage analogue equipment makes their music so much more unique than any others because they don't have the preset that current digital equipments have.



And that there is Itai Simon the bass guitarist. I'm jealous of him for two reasons, I'll never be able to play the bass like him (Heh, Bet you didn't know I played huh? Well it was a sweet and brief affair.). And he owns a VINTAGE 1966 FENDER PRECISION BASS GUITAR!!!

Want to know the story of how he came to own this rare collector's item??
Read it all here!

I admit, I don't have much knowledge on analogue much less current digital equipments but for music geeks out there, here's a list of equipments they use to produce their sound,


  • A Fender Precision Bass Guitar from 1966
  • Moogerfooger filter series (ring modulator, low pass filter, stereo phaser, analog delay, murf and bass murf)
  • Korg MS-10
  • Roland Juno 6
  • Korg Polysix
  • Farfisa VIP 345
  • Siel Piano Quarto
  • Roland RE-201 space echo
  • Lexicon PCM-42 Delay
  • ElectroHarmonix Small Stone
  • Fender Studio Bass amplifier



    I'm really impressed after a quick google for those equipments! They're really rare and they're worth alot and alot of money

    Rendezvous has been around for awhile and has a number of underground following but its only now that their getting their debut album launched by none other than David Bascombe!
    (if you don't know him, slap yourself. He's renowned London producer who has collaborated with Verve, Natalie Imbruglia, Kylie Minogue, Suede, and etc.) You've got to thank the guy for introducing Rendezvous to the majority.
    Now if you want to know more and watch them play with their music, check out their website,
    Rendezvous to listen to their previous tracks and check out their Youtube channel as well!


1 comment:

  1. this is interesting.. never heard of the band actually, but now i do.. and cool, an advertorial.. nice.. =)

    kenwooi.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails